Thursday, February 23, 2006

2 Things I Hate ........really really H.A.T.E.

I know this all may seem obvious but recent conversations have brought these feelings back to my mind. I must make it clear that I am in a happy 'stable' marriage now, but if things ever changed in my life i'd end up in the loony bin. (which by the way is effectionately known as a health spa for the emotionally needy, that doesn't allow razors or anything sharper than a spoon, but you can have a nice seaweed wrap - lovely)
1. I HATE the uncertainty involved with seeing someone.
For me emotionally it was so unsettling that I couldn't really relax. Your constantly walking on egg shells. Does the other person really like me or not. I hope I dont do anything to annoy them. What about when they find out about my peg-leg etc etc. It might have been because I had a bad experience where I thought I had found 'the one'. Right up to the very last minute before I was dumped I was clueless that my world was about to fall apart. I soon realised that you just never know whats going on in someones mind until they hit you with it.
2. I HATE heartbreak!
Yes I know these 2 things are linked together. But the pain of heartache for me was so intense. I would go from being the livliest person to being the broken one, like a pot that has smashed on the hard kitchen floor. I've always thought I was upbeat yet stable in coping with most situations. I'm not too easily shocked. But when it comes to the heart I smash to pieces. You might as well pull my heart out and eat it with some red wine and shallots, because it would be of no use to me anymore. Dumped is the perfect term to express what happens, there is no dignity involved. Its exactly like you've been thrown off a high building into a cold sloppy pool of doogy do!

Have a look at this cartoon link and tell me if you can relate to it. Its male oriented but can be applied to the fickleness of all relationships of the heart. It's worth it just for the humour believe me! I always like to end on a lighter note if I can.

6 comments:

Simon said...

Totally with you there brother! The instability can be almost unbearable! I get the cartoon, in general women are fickle and it's very rare you find the right one nowadays (luckily I've found the right one!) *Cue teenagers with the fingers down the throat expression*

jomoore said...

Right there - that's why I'm single! When there's a choice between being somewhat discontent, or risking the potential for heartbreak, I'm no risk-taker (heavy sigh).

The cartoon's terrific - but we're not all like that - honest! :/

meljoy said...

i hate heartbrak :-( but i am getting better. I swear chuck, I will get back to you!

Good thing you like dave, kuz if you didn't you would be scent-ist! and I think they lock you up for prejudging someone for how they smell...

Delmonti said...

I just dont give it time anymore.

Here's what I said a few months ago on this subject...

Latest Score: Sofa's 3 Delmonti 0

So,

MaryB said...

Yeah, everytime I jump back into the dating pool, I get the cold shock of "Oh, yeah, this is why I hate dating!" Ah, well - I'll just live vicariously through your happy relationship, chux. ;-)

Shirley said...

Awww I feel exactly the same way about dating, I kissed a lots of frogs (and some of em were slimy bug eyed creeps) till I got my prince (how about that for smush?). However I cannot imagine being alone....better look after him eh??

Oh and how come you only hate TWO things? If i start a blog that way it would equal war and peace in length!