Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onions

Here's a simple recipe that I have done for a nice oriental dish with that Thai ginger taste that I love.
Ingredients:

Coarsley chopped root Ginger - *(w) about an inch and half piece *(b) a lump
2 packets of Spring Onions - (w)sliced down the middle and halved (b) cut it
Vegetable Oil - (w) 1 tablespoon (b) a bit
1 to 2 Chicken Breast fillets - (w) sliced (5mm thick) (b) cut it
Chicken gravy granules - (w) 1 dessert spoon full and 125 ml hot water (b) 1/4 jug of gravy
Dark Soy Sauce - (w) 1-2 tablespoons to taste (b) a few splashes

n.b * (w) = womans version (b)= blokes version (men)

cooking:
1)Add oil to a pan or wok and fry the chopped chicken breast.
2)Add root ginger and fry until chicken is cooked through.
3)Add Sping onions and fry them with the chicken for 2-3 mins
4)Add the chicken gravy and soy sauce, and cook for a further 1-2 mins

All done!
put this with rice or vegetables as you prefer.

Incase you would like egg fried rice with this here's a quick recipe.
Rice - long grain(enough for all those eating)
oil
Garlic clove
1-2 eggs
Dark Soy Sauce

Boil rice until it is cooked yet still a little nutty. Then rinse off under the tap any excess sticky starch. Put some oil in the pan or wok and add a crushed garlic clove. When this is starting to brown break the egg into the pan and scramble it up with the garlic. When the egg is cooked through add the rice and stir fry keeping the rice moving and not sticking to the pan. Finally add a few splashes of soy sauce and serve immediately!

No particular reason why I thought i'd add this today. It was just that I made it last night and it tasted nice. You can always do the same ginger dish but with King Prawns instead of chicken and also using fish stock instead of chicken gravy.

Give it a go!

---------------------------
GOLDEN DONKEY
Hey i'm also working on another new fun blog thingy. I'm gonna do a weekly (ish) Golden Donkey award for those people who have truely shown their stupidity for all to see. I will be taking suggestions if you have any on possible candidates. I'm just working on the graphic for this and hoping to get it online soon!!
In fact I was thinking of doing a stupid person and a clever person award. But it has become evident to me that there are not many clever people in the world, but there is a bumper crop of stupid people!!! (not excluding myself)

6 comments:

Simon said...

Finally, I've found a fellow Brit who doesn't go on about his latest pair of trainers...I'll try out your recipe and seeif the missus agrees with you though!

MaryB said...

Love your gender-specific recipe! You da' bomb, Chux! (And sounds yummy.)

One question - what's the fart-ratio, do you reckon? In other words, would you serve it to delmonti? I'm thinkin' we should add a "d-factor" to every recipe published from here on out. Whad'ya think?

Delmonti said...

I had the chicken last night and its bloody great!

Didnt make me fart tho'....

chux said...

i do think that a 'd-factor' rating out of 5 say (5 being explosive) is a good idea, and i may add it to any further recipe posts that I may make!!
thanks mary!

meljoy said...

we have stopped eating chicken...

Anonymous said...

I would like to nominate myself for beleiving that hard work, talent, skill & knowledge will actually get your on working for IBM