Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Singing in the rain...............

I'm getting that feeling. My fingers are tingling and my topnotch is twitching!! Its time for a blog.

It started with this picture..
...i mean who cares if its raining or not if you've got one of these!

Then it led me to start thinking about my favourite favourite favourite musical of all time 'Singing in the Rain'. The day Gene Kelly died and they played all of the Singing in the Rain clip on the ITV 10 o'clock news was the only time I've cried over the death of a film star. Sad I know, but this movie brings an immediate reaction from me no matter what mood i'm in.

Have a look at this original clip its got to make you smile............


I was a bit annoyed when Volkswagon got Mint Royale to cover it for the new golf ad, but now I really like it. Click here.

Can this get even better, well up until today I had never seen the video that 'Mint Royale' had done for this remix. I have now though and as far as i'm concerned its one of the best videos i've seen for a long time. You've got to checkout this link and watch it for yourself, stick with it too. Click the picture.

Don't forget to comment, good or bad!

5 comments:

meljoy said...

Do you have an email address? I'd prefer to talk about it NOT in a blog comment. But I have some comments to tell you on youer comments... make sense?

I have played the polar bear one, I loved it! But for now I am off to kick it with Drew, I forgot I told him I would, I have really got to get my time schedules straight.

meljoy said...

oh, mine is playzintraffik@yahoo.com

MaryB said...

The new video is OK, but nothing much new.

Love Gene Kelly, though. Singing in the Rain is still incredible. American in Paris was on TV last night - another goody.

Now, I know this isn't a guy's take on Kelly (or maybe it is, depending on your persuasion) - he's got the best ass ever. Ever! Really, best bod ever. Love watching him. Casual strength.

That's my Gene Kelly comment. May he rest in peace.

Simon said...

Nothing like a bit of 'Singing In The Rain' to cheer someone up!

I also liked the remix too, with who ever was doing that sensational body poppin'

meljoy said...

NO, If SHE was the one that got it, I would dance a jig and hoped to god she croaked sooner rather than later. No, this is my adoptive mother, a completely different person who has been very influential on my life. Obviously, she's my mom...