Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I need a moan......

Father in law has been in hospital unwell for a number of weeks. So bad that although they have decided they cannot treat him anymore, he must now go into a nursing home. Last week wifey and I went a hunting for a suitable establishment. In particular to find one of these places where people werent actually 10 minutes from death, or at least pretending to be ok-ish. Surprisingly we found one with lovely carers who actually seemed to care. (St Paul's, St Leonards)

We told the social worker and hospital about this place on Friday morning. Late Friday afternoon we get a call that he is moving in on Monday morning. This causes panic because now we have to get his flat cleared and put as much as we can into the new home.

Ok its tough going but I guess it just has to be done. Not so apparently according to my family. My own father was moving this same weekend and my family didnt seem to understand I couldn't help with that move aswell. What irritates more is that this guilt they've given me for ignoring my own father is just plain unnecessary. Moving my dad is a handful of reluctant, yet local siblings. To move my father in law down here on the coast is me and my poor wife! Guess who's doing all the heavy lifting? AAAAAAAAArrrrgggghhhh families!!!!!

I have tried to call family since to see how it went and explain it all again, but the answer so far is,"can't stop i'm too busy helping dad!!!".

Needless to say this is making me uptight! My wife is upset over her dad, and she has a lot to do with clearing up his debts and bills. We are both working like nutters, and both feeling warn out with it. Every day involves work of some sort or another and it wont stop for a few weeks yet from what I can tell.

anyway moan over .....have a nice day. I bet someone from my family actually bothers to read my blog now and this post causes a huge row!! Stuff it, at least i live near the sea!

No comments: