Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I never knew that........

Did you know that Midge Ure of Ultravox fame, was asked by Malcolm McLaren to be a Sex Pistol?

Midge also had his first appearance on Top of the Pops in 1976! He was with a Scottish band at the time called Slik. He was at that time 23 years old which makes him older than I'd have ever thought. A headsup for Delmonti on Midge Ure's performance of 'If I was', do you recognise the drummer?

Another interesting fact is that Holly Johnson of Frankie Goes to Hollywood fame is ALIVE! For some reason I thought he kicked the bucket years ago with aids or something, but I was wrong. So well done Holly!


4 comments:

MaryB said...

Chux, I have no idea what you're talking about here, but I, too, wanted to check in for a little sputnik whiff! :-)

Delmonti said...

what a surprise! The drummer is of course Mark Brzezicki originally from Big Country who, I've had the pleasure of meeting..... THis was the fella who got me into Drumming in the first place... a true mentor of mine.

jomoore said...

The other little known fact about him is that he was named after the mouse from that classic kids' TV show 'Mary, Mungo and Midge'.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh dear. I'm with MaryB.