Friday, August 03, 2007

For James

My mate James is leaving today to go back to Uni. I thought i'd have a laugh and write a little ditty for him in the style of Purple Ronnie, here's goes......

My mate James has a brain thats bigger than a tree
He talks about clever stuff for breakfast, dinner and tea


That's alright as he's kind, funny, helpful and caring
And a big lad who could do with a girl for pairing


He likes to drink and see mates at the pub
And then all go home for a soak in his tub

It's sad to see you go, you're a flippin good friend
And even more so when I have a computer to mend!!

Famous James'

James Hunt - Racing Driver
James May - Top Gear Presenter
James Last - Musical entertainer for the mature audience
James Blunt - Rubbish modern Pop Artist

hmm can't think of anymore at the mo, maybe you can help

3 comments:

MaryB said...

Hm. James and the Giant Peach - weird little Dahl creation. Jessie James - outlaw. James Madison - brilliant mind, crafter of the US Constitution, and 4th Pres. of the US. James - a couple of epistles in the New Testament. James Brown - well, what more can I say: Godfather of Soul. James Taylor - singer of syrupy songs. James I - hey! wasn't he one of your kings or something? James Gandolfini - Tony Soprano. How's that? Good man James!

Chris said...

Sid James - star of 'Carry On' films, James Mason - actor, Little Jimmy Osmond - well if you don't know I'm not telling you, James Bond - 007, Jamie Oliver - celebrity chef, James Dean - my first love. Good luck, James!

Clare said...

What a lovely poem! I bet he was thrilled...
I have left a present for you at my blog!