Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nuts about Bolt

Can you believe the man Usain Bolt did it again! He didn't just win the 100 meters mens final in Berlin this last week, but also thrashed the world record. If you watched the final the other day like me you'll know what I mean when I say he didn't even look like he was trying that hard. Certainly not if you compare it against his competitors. I can't help but feel sorry for them as they struggle to do what would in ANY other decade been a world defeating time. He just humiliates them. Maybe i've got a 'give up now' attitude, but really why bother? It doesn't matter what you do, you just cannot come close to someone who can run like that. I'm not knocking Bolt. He will be a legend in athletics history like Jesse Owens and Carl Lewis of that I can be sure. He is astounding....WOW!

Did you see Michael Johnsons reaction on BBC television.....click here

1 comment:

Delmonti said...

Hmmm. I was more impressed by the fella who did the tripple jump. I just love the way something so childish and to be honest, pointless can cause such a fuss. I mean, how good does "Good at the hop, skip and jump" look on a CV?

And is it REALLY a great achievement to be in the top 10 of "Hop, Skip and Jumpers"? I dare say with a little bit of practice I could be in the top 100 within a month.

and dont get me started on this running thing.... there's no use for it in this day and age... unless your into stealing handbags of course.