Thursday, February 15, 2007

Top Gear.....am I the only one?


Ok just a quick one here!!

Did you see Top Gear last sunday or possibly on wednesday? If you did i'm guessing you think the programme is great too and that Jeremy Clarkson is a lord? That Richard 'the hamster' Hammond is pretty cool? Oh and that hairy bloke who's with them is ok too.

What I want to know is am I the only one who as disturbed by the behaviour of our American cousins on this weeks show? I'm not just talking about the bigotted rednecks. What really upset me was that charity that was going to sue Clarkson for 'giving' them an old car to help out a family in New Orleans!! Essentially because he got it wrong and the car he gave was a '91 year rather tan an '89,(or the other way around) the charity sent a legal representative to tell him it was misrepresentation and unless he gives them $20,000 they would sue.

Do you see what i'm getting at here? Those guys out of good motive offered a little help and ended up being blown out of the sky.

****STOP PRESS**** Most of the episode is now on youtube!


To my american friends who check out this blog please dont be offended by these remarks, but I hope you understand why i was shocked!! Shocked enough to let it get under my skin for the last few days and to eventually write this post on it.

I must say that this series of Top Gear has been class and I hope it continues for many years to come!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave shouts...

I saw this episode of Top Gear too.
While the show was funny I too am fed up with the legal culture where the ony goal seems to be to destroy someones life and extract as much money out of them at the same time.

It is starting to leak into the British culture as well and it is something we should not give in to. (We have enough stupid rules from the EU!)

Anonymous said...

But thats a cultural thing, its like going to darkest Peru and being surprised you're got the shits cos you've been drinking the tap water. America IS a petulant teenager, its all bravado and front, it spends all its money on looking good but its bedroom is an environmental and social disaster. It needs a good slap and be told to grow up

Clare said...

I thought that too. I have to say I laughed at the other stuff, but I did think that threatening to sue them was going a little too far...

chux said...

no wonder so many countries are frustrated with them and the selfish arrogance!

Liz Hinds said...

I didn't see the show but Husband told me about it. He wondered if it might have been just a little bit set-up?

I didn't know about the suing though. What idiots!

I love Richard Hammond. I could put him in my pocket and run away with him.