Sunday, January 15, 2006

gaga for Google

What inspired this blog is an interview I saw this week with Microsoft's Bill Gates. He was insinuating that Google didn't have a clue as to what they are doing. He was sneering at them. I hate people like that at the best of times, but why does a man who represents the most powerful computer company in the world have to be so condecending!!??


That sort of attitude really gets my goat! That cockyness where they know they have you by your nether regions and you can do little about it!!

Well here's one for Google. There are some really great things that have come out from Google. Things that I have not had to pay them money for directly, but have made a positive difference to my web experience, and even my families. For a start they embedded their search engine into Firefox which makes browsing loads easier. But the most incredible freebie that comes from them has got to be GOOGLE EARTH!!! If you dont have this on your PC currently then get it loaded its fantastic.

What can I say about Microsoft and the web experience they have given me. Internet Explorer has over the last couple of years allowed virus attacks on our PC's let alone allowing Spyware to run rampant on our machines. Can it get worse? oh yes it can!!! Pop-ups Pop-ups and more flippin pop-ups. If I use IE explorer it apparently gives every Tom, Dick and Harry the right to advertise their wares, lairs and pairs! If you are using anti spyware software on your machine I can bet that you use IE as your primary browser!!

So Mr Microsoft this one is a poke in the eye for you and your attitude. Mr Google on the other hand thanks for some good stuff, and try not to become a jerk!

1 comment:

meljoy said...

haha, of course I was joking! It's just that most ocuntries (besides ours) says that most Americans fail Geography (and it's true, we do), so I was... haha, yea, nevermind, it was a joke though... I know Nigeria is in Africa... lol. yer funny :-)