Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Spaced...a comedy gem worth seeking out

As i've been desperately trying to fight the work depression that I seem to be suffering since i've got back from hols, i thought i'd do a blog about something i think is funny.

Have you heard or seen the TV series "Spaced"? It's a festival of greatness. The series is very character driven so you'd have to see it from the start to enjoy it. Essentially its about a single guy and girl who rent a flat together and the others who live in the same building with them. To get the flat they have to pretend they are a couple which makes it awkward as they become closer friends with Marsha the landlady. Now i'm a little ashamed to say but I think there is something attractive about her. (you'll definately not think so from the photo though)
By far my favourite favourite favourite character is Tyres the cycling courier. If i could find a link to pictures of him i'd include them. Thing with this character is that he is an ectasy taking raver by night, which gives him crazy mood swings. Also he loves raving so much that all it takes is the noise of a doorbell or a kettle boiling and he starts his rave dance up again.
Only 2 series of Spaced have been done and i'd like to think more will come eventually but that is unlikely as these guys are doing 'other projects'. Check out the unofficial site called Spaced-out. I do think this is a series where everyone will have their favourite characters.

This is the case from the box set that I have been watching. I don't own this myself rather I was 'loaned' this by a fellow blogger delmonti. Now I just want to make this clear to my dear friend that you have only 2 hopes of getting this set back. One being no-hope and the other being bob-hope! So as long as you undertsand this we shall have no further trouble. So mate, pal, friend of mine enjoy the picture as its all your gonna see of this dvd set.


Whilst on the subject its the same guys that did this show that also made the movie Shaun of the Dead. If you dare, have a look at the link and there is even a game to play.

If you've seen either of these tell me what you think. If not check out Spaced if you can.

I feel better already.....................................

p.s i'm off work again tomorrow as i'm taking the family to the Science Museum in London. I'll do a blog and get some pictures uploaded in the next few days!!!!

3 comments:

Delmonti said...

Oh, I see... Will you put MY box set of SPACED next to MY copy of Shaun Of The Dead I loaned you?

Twat...

meljoy said...

Haha, you guys are so funny. I did the same thing with my friends Napoleon Dynamite movie! He lent it to us like a month ago. I already told him he's not getting it back. I hid it under my sofa, so if he comes looking for it, he's not gonna find it...

Have you seen Napoleon Dynamite? Slacker comedy if I ever saw one...


Yea, my friends suck sometimes. oh well, what can ya do? haha, fiond new friends according to you, huh? I have a lot of friends who wanna fuck me, but I don't wanna talk to them. eh...

chux said...

Shaun of the Dead??, hmmm sounds familiar but that is all. (wahaha! sinister laugh!) I cannot recall what you are talking about my tin of peaches friend who wears the chino suit. (the man from delmonti he say yes!)
big kiss at ya dude! but thats all got it! even if you want more(the man from chuckie he say no!) I know what you mean Mel, i have to fight them off at times too.(ya right)
Chux