Monday, December 12, 2005

now i'm back I just want to sleep.......

Been a while since i'd posted anything, thought i had better bring a note for teacher and let you know whats been going on.

The cocktail party
Well last weekend we had a cocktail party for some good friends who are leaving the UK to live in New Zealand. It took a few days of preparation to set it all up as we kitted the downstairs of our little house to look at least a little like a cocktail bar. It went really well, the people invited were just their close friends and mates a total of 30 of us.
I decided on the cocktails to be made, a total of 7 of which 2 were non-alcoholic. Then with help from other friends we gave them names relevent to the leaving couple and had menus made up and laminated.
A mate and myself made the cocktails on the night and it went really well, in fact it was great!!! People loved a drink made from Baileys and ice cream(called Baileys milkshake you can see the recipe listed with others here..try it!). I tried one later on myself and yes it was lovely but it gave me a headache as it was sooooo cold. Well worth the try though!!!! yum

A much needed holiday
From Monday we (the family) went on a short vacation to Center Parcs , its a self catering holiday venue, but we stayed in what they call an Executive Villa. This means that we get a few extras included like maid service, TV's with satellite in every room, DVD player, dishwasher and our own sauna and spa bath. Lovely.
We had a great time cycling and going swimming, we all loved it. A place to step out of the norm and to refresh the head.
But the only problem with this as with all breaks you hate coming back to everything!! Also i've been feeling desperately tired since i've got back. On Saturday I was passing out whilst sitting watching tv with the kids. What made it stranger was that between 12 noon and 4 pm, it felt like I was drugged. I dont know if this was something to do with the change in atmosphere or whether it was a fatigue brought on by thoughts of coming back to work.

I know what I recon!

No comments: