Friday, April 09, 2010

Project Tardis

No particularly intending to focus so much on the Doctor Who theme as I have recently.  I am hoping this is it for now as we come into summer and I have the prospect of new opportunities for work.  At least looking at it optimistically opportunities will arise!  Anyhow I digress as always.  Previously I have mentioned a project I was working on in building a Tardis and figures from an Airfix kit with my son.  Well with the power of Windows Movie Maker I am proud to show a presentation of what we did.  Then swiftly followed by another project involving me and a friend building what should have been a standard size headboard for my sons new bed, but it got a little out of hand.  The dimensions at the end were 10" (25 cm) deep x 4ft (125cm) wide x 6ft 6" (195cm) tall.  Then adding to that the 2 halogen built in night lights and the blue roof light, you can see that a couple of grown men got a little carried away.  It was worth it when we brought it back on the roof of the van to my home.  Seeing to my son who at the sight of what we were carrying, was rushing about like an excitable dog.  I hope you enjoy the presentations.



2 comments:

Blue Bakelite Radio said...

VERY NICE job on painting the figures! So far I've just watched the first video, and was surprised to see the unpainted plastic pieces. The end result... perfect!

Blue Bakelite Radio said...

Excellent job on the headboard, too!