Thursday, April 01, 2010

Don't become a victim to your environment.

This is a mantra that I keep repeating in my mind.   In essence it means, don't allow things around you get you down or make you it's victim.  For instance your work, or your neighbourhood, or even the people you mix with.  There is always something we can do about it.   It could be as simple as changing the way we look at these things, perhaps the easiest and most practical way of improving our environment.

In a job you don't like?  Then try looking at it as a means to an end, where the job just facilitates your real life away from it.  What about if this proves impossible and where the environment effects you or your loved ones severely?  In that case you have to make bigger decisions.  Do I/we stay or do we move?  Do I stick with this job that makes me unhappy?   etc etc.

These things have to be thought about even more seriously when we have others that are dependant upon us, like a family for instance.

For me though it comes down to this in the end, do I still want to be in this same situation for me and my family in 10 years?  The answer over the last few years has been no.  Our home wasn't serving the job, so we did something about it.  My sons education was a problem, were we going to allow him to continue being a victim of his environment?  No we did something about it?  Ignoring a situation can only go so far, but looking at ourselves every once in a while and saying, "Do I want to be in this same situation in 10 years?", can help to motivate us to do something about it.

The  most recent thing for me has been work.  I am doing a job that I dislike that does not pay enough to cover our bills.  Thing is, we are in a recession and work is harder to find.   For a long time I have reasoned that even though it is far from perfect, it is still the best solution.  That has changed and as well as the opportunity to make a change arising, it also coincides with the fact that I've had enough.  So I'm moving on.  It's not an easy decision to make or to put into action.  My success from here is now up to me, I can't be a victim to anything or anyone else.  I either find another job or make work that will support the family.  Success or failure is down to me from now on nobody else, it is my effort or lack of it that will make the difference.   One thing is for sure I am determined not to become a 'Victim to my environment'.

4 comments:

Blue Bakelite Radio said...

What job change are you making?

Praadhl said...

Simply Form Filling Jobs | Just Copy Paste Jobs At www.visionjobcare.com

You can earn a real income online by becoming Home Typist! As a Home Typist, your job consists of typing and placing ads on the Internet. You don't need to have experience in Clerical or Advertising. Work is very simple to do, just copy and paste the ads. Only serious people need to apply for the job.
For more details E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
Visit : http://www.visionjobcare.com/XXX.html

Prahlad said...

Real Copy And Paste Jobs At www.visionjobcare.com

Any one can do it very easily Easy Money Creation procures a wide variety of services from companies around the world. We strive to build relationships. More details:- E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
Visit : http://www.visionjobcare.com/XXX.html

David Roberts. said...

I too am in the same position as you chuck. I've not visited your blog for a while, so suspect things have long since changed.

I am at a point where my work is making it difficult for me to enjoy life out of work. This is the first job I've ever had that I can say I strongly dislike or even "hate". I guess only having the 1 job so far like that makes me a lucky man!

We should talk more sometime, its been a long time.

Dave.