Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Cracking fun lad!

Had a family trip to London yesterday. What was different this time was that the girls did the girly things and went to the Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) while the boys went to the Science Museum. My son had a purpose to pursue aswell, and that was to go to the Wallace & Gromit exhibition that was on. I wasn't so keen to be honest, and I felt that way right up until we got to the ticket stand and they said for this next hour entrance is free!! Can you imagine the change I felt? Just saved myself 16 quid, which meant I was now the biggest Wallace and Gromit fan in the whole place. Eee by gum lad I was reet chuffed! (sorry...its the best I could come up with for a kid born in Surrey a place you spend your life apologising for...."what are you sorry about?"...."no I said Surrey" - it only works with the accent)

There was some clever exhibits, and the detail on the sets they had on display was astonishing! I even naughtily went down the kids tube when the officials back was turned. Getting a freebie does lift ones spirit don't you think?! ha ha

I do think the general exhibits in the Science Museum need a bit of a refresh and maybe changing some too. I did look at some things closer this time than I had previously. For instance when we looked at the aircraft, my son and I spent just as long at looking at the display of aircraft engines, all be it with little more knowledge of what we were looking at than ooo aaaahh thats a big one! All in all a good place for boys to go and boys be I reckon, while the girls went off looking at costume and furnishings in the other place, YUK!

No comments: