Thursday, December 13, 2007

How are you doing?

However you are, it's got to better than it is for our family. Especially my wife.

I've not had a chance till now to update my blog. Unfortuntely my father-in-law is VERY sick. He has now been moved into a nursing home, but it looks like he has had 2 more strokes recently and he's unlikely to recover. So we are now just doing all we can to arrange his affairs and to get ready for the inevitable.

I'm doing ok, its not my dad I guess. My wife is being so strong, but I'm sure thats because 'needs must' and she has no option but to get on with it. The vital thing is just to support her and listen, when she's had enough we can shed some tears together. I am very proud of her though.

Maybe thats the positive in this post! She is doing so well, and we all love her dearly and want her to know that. xx

4 comments:

Delmonti said...

Hang in there fella... and remember, if it all gets too much and ya need some respite, there'll always be a welcome here.

You know I'm not a religious bloke, but I'll have a word with the big fella later tonight.

chux said...

Delmonti
Thanks for the sentiment mate! We've been having long chats with 'the big fella' a lot lately too.

petercmoore said...

Best wishes coming at you all from over here too, mate.

MaryB said...

Chux, everything going all right? Keep us posted on what's happening. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.