Thursday, July 19, 2007

.... I know, i'm it!

PT has 'kindly' tagged me so i'm now It. He did this about a week ago but I was too comfortable to do anything about it until now.

Being tagged means someone who's meant to be a mate posts 8 facts or habits about themselves, they in turn are meant to tag a further 8 people to do the same. Unlike PT I can't tag anyone else as they have already been tagged by him.

here's my 8 things.....

1. Favourite Food Fact. I love Nandos it is the best. A Chicken with PeriPeri restaurant chain, that takes 10 mins from placing your order to being served it! This is a no fannying about place, just right in my books. I prefer to have mine medium hot and then to add some Garlic Peri Peri sauce on top. I like a bit of sauce! OH just to add to this I also love Ice Cream, a good vanilla being my favourite (not the cheap stuff) On Tuesday I ate two thirds of a tub of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food, curse Tesco's and it half price madness!!

2. Friendship Fact. My mate Kerry is very poorly and going into hospital today. She's likely to be off for at least a month. Get Well Soon !

3. Funny Habit. Delmonti on his 8 items list, said he makes shapes in the air with his foot whilst watching TV. Well I do similar, but I mainly write my name in the air with my foot.

4. Health Fact. I have had Fibromyalgia for nearly 3 years. So everything either hurts or aches all the flipping time. I just try to ignore it if I can, maybe it'll just go away - ha ha.


5. Family Habit. Every night I fill up the dishwasher and wipe the kitchen tops. Then I check all the doors and lights. I go in and see the kids who are sound asleep and make sure they are comfortable and that their lights are off, before giving them a little peck on the head and getting myself ready for bed. If I didnt do this I wouldnt be able to sleep at night!

6. Blast from the past Fact. My school mate Lucie Sheargold (maiden name) has got in touch with me through friendsreunited, after 20 years. We went to the Ashcombe School together in Dorking. Lucie was always a straight talker, which still is a characteristic I like in people, including myself.

7. Sport Fact. Tennis is my favourite sport. I havent been able to play for a few years, but i'm determined to get back to it next year! Sports like Footy are lower down my list and I enjoy them when with others rather than as a personal passion.

8. Music Fact. I have been asked if i'd like to have a go at singing with a local band that playes Blues and good old fashioned Rhythm & Blues. This is a dream come true, and I know I can do it. BUT, I'm so scared I turned it down. People who know me might find it hard to believe that I suffer in the nerves department, but I do. I wish I'd done more singing in public when I was a kid. In those days I had a voice like an angel and confidence by the bucket load. It annoys me more than you can know that i'm like this.

6 comments:

petercmoore said...

Get on to that band and GET SINGING!

Delmonti said...

Fella, you need to do the singing thang.... Look at me! I'm back drumming in a band again.... at 40!

jomoore said...

Nandos scares me - I don't understand it. I'll stick with KFC.

And sing - you should. I'm thinking of joining a choir because I love to sing. If you join the band, I'll join the choir. Deal?

chux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chux said...

Didn't know you were drumming again delmonti.

As far as the singing is concerned you are all right of course. I was ready for this about 3/4 years back where i was trying to put something together with my mate Joe. Things have gone downhill for me since then and my voice has gone from alright if you wear ear muffs to having a voice that makes a diesel engine sound smooth.

Its practice that I need. Got to develop my style before I can stand up in front of an established band with a lead guitarist who gives Clapton, Knopfler and May a run for their money, let alone be the front man with an audience looking on.

This doesn't mean i'm not following your advice, i'm just gonna have a bit of practice/training first. Watch this space!! Karaoke here I come ha ha

BTW JO!!!
There's nothing to get about Nandos thats why you may struggle. Sounds like you are making the mistake of comparing it to other overly priced eat houses. Don't look at their efficient service as anything sinister, just enjoy it and savour the burning on your tongue from the Peri Peri! he he

Anonymous said...

i remember you in ther karaoke in addelstone, you were a real hit!!! you must have been good as i was drunk as!!! that night also put me off prawns for life with the dogiest king prawn curry ever, no connection with your vocals of course!!