Friday, June 15, 2007

results...........

No its not the footy back on again. This is to update you on what we did for our anniversary, and what i decided on after much deliberation for a gift.

Taking onboard a little of what you had suggested on the last post here's the results.

Initially I must say that Jo's suggestion of a box of her favourite things was a great idea. But! I couldnt get past a copy of Hello magazine and a Cadburys Twirl chocolate bar as things i'd know she'd like. Does that make me a bad man?

So I did the best i could do in the circumstances and went to have a look around the shops in Eastbourne. I looked at craft things. I looked at books, be it novel, biographies or factual and historical until I went crossed eyed. Smiths thats normally a good place, maybe some attractive stationery, but that has no passion!

Eventually I went to Past Times, which isnt a normal blokey shop but I must say if you are stuck for ideas it's worth a look. When you get past the throw cushions and sickening smell of pot pouree if has some nice little bits. It was here I stumbled over my eventual idea. I was looking at the unusual jewellery, which in my book is always over priced, and I saw a round locket with a Celtic Design. I didnt buy the locket but it made me think a locket might be a nice idea. Its not my wifes normal fare but with a couple of pictures of me and the kids she'd like it! So thats what I did, I found a nice locket. Even though I had previously said that I wasnt keen on buying jewelery.

Its a funny thing though, almost a law or rule unto itself, that if you choose and purchase one thing, suddenly you see a hundred of other ideas. I had to battle with myself not to buy much more. In fact I purchased a small box of hand made chocolates personally chosen and beautifully decorated, but thats it! Thats if you don't include the fine meal I cooked for her along with wines and cheeses. Main Course was an Indonesian Prawn dish, similar to a mild curry, bursting with flavour from the fresh corriander. Then we watched a soppy flick called 'Music and Lyrics', not my normal fare but appropriate for the occassion.

The anniversary was Wednesday and i'm pleased how it went. Its Friday today and my mother-in-law is down to stay and gonna babysit for us. So we are off out tonight for a meal in a Thai restaurant not far away in the village of Little Common, within the area of Bexhill.

Thats that, thought you might be interested and have supplied some rather poor photo's so you can see what i was talking about.

thanks for the help! have a drink on me!

5 comments:

jomoore said...

Well it seems as though you did spend lots of time and care thinking about what she'd like so, whether it's a daft hamper or a beautiful locket, that's what counts most, to my mind. I think your final choice of gift beat my suggestion hands down!

MaryB said...

Wonderful choice, chux! I know wifey was thrilled.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh that sounds lovely, chux! Did you put the photos in? Manage to get some the right size? Although I suppose that's easier now with digital everythings.

Bless you. I hope she ... um ... showed her appreciation in a suitable fashion!

chux said...

Thanks everyone!

i think it was a good one too.

Jo, your idea was excellent i just didnt get far with the list but i think it will be a keeper for another year.

Liz, I got some digi pictures and shrunk them which worked ok. I wouldnt have said wifey was quite as jubilant as i'd have liked but that p0robably because she'd been in a bad mood all week!! dont ask!! i dont know either. Since though she has been suitably appreciative thanks for asking - ha ha. She was flashing off the gift to mates yesterday in fact so that nice.

Delmonti said...

You titled this post "results" but failed to give the most important result!

Dont make me spell it out fella!