Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back To Nature

These are some photos that I had intended sharing before now. They are from the late spring when the Bluebells come out. They are taken in Coldharbour and the Leigh Hill area in Surrey near where I was brought up in Dorking.



Simply a beautiful carpet of bluebells, I like the sunlight coming through the trees on this one.




When I was a kid my mum took us out bluebell picking, and the house was decorated with these flowers. There's a law about doing this i'm sure, but it is still a nice memory. I definately like bluebells.



I got the kids to pose for this one as it reminded me of the Seven Dwarfs from Snow White walking over the bridge singing Hi-Ho.

I was astonished how much there is on Caldharbour, Leigh Hill and the Dorking area on the web. If you're interested try some of these links too they are very good.

Black and white images of old Coldharbour Village


A Dorking link that speaks about local Celebs past and present.

I can add a few to this too. Kajagoogoo use to record their music in Dorking when they were famous. I saw them once outside the Pizza Express in West Street having a drink. Another is Alex Kingston who's sister Nichola was in my class at the Ashcombe school. There was also the time Andrew Ridgeley of Wham fame came into a local Indian restaurant with his mates, and my school mate Misbah served him. If you are still unsure who Andrew Ridgeley or Wham are, then you might need to be reminded that the other member of Wham was George Michael.

6 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Good to see you back, Chux.

I love bluebells - probably my favouritest flower. Their blue is like no other blue.

We have a favourite walk we do at bluebell time. And each time we do it we remember our last dog, Tess. We were enjoying the scent of the bluebells one day when she poohed right in the middle of them, slightly spoiling the experience!!

Delmonti said...

Oh look he's back.....


that'll be a good thing then.


You've got a lot of catching up to do.

jomoore said...

How completely lovely! Bluebell woods and sunshine. Kajagoogoo. I couldn't have got those together in a post even if I tried!

Glad to see you back.

Anonymous said...

Great pics mate - my lasting memory of Dorking when I worked there was at 2am catching some bloke on the cctv in South Street gawping at the top shelf mags in the newsagents and errr having a fumble - he denied the lot when we sent the dog van to have a look :o)

MaryB said...

These are gorgeous shots, chux. Glad you're back, Big Guy!

petercmoore said...

Has he been gone somewhere? Probably hiding under the bed so the bogeyman doesn't get him -- again!