Friday, December 04, 2009

All boys love trains

I've never thought of myself as especially a lover of locomotives, but after today that has all changed. Our family trip today included the 'National Railway Museum' in York. Out of us all I think I was the kid gawping at the huge engines. We got friendly with the staff and one of them let us onto the legendary 'Mallard' and esplained abouts dual controls and record holding speed, a massive 126 mph from a steam engine!!!

York has proven to be a real hit for us all. You should check it out.

2 comments:

jomoore said...

Our short trip to York was just enough to convince me to go back and actually see the place. I didn't get to see much this time round - a quick trip into the city centre on Saturday morning was tantalising, so a longer short break is definitely on the cards...

It was so good to finally meet you, Chuckie - it boggles my mind to think that's the first time we've actually met (apart from sharing the same post office queue, which doesn't count). And funny that Emma recognised me from my distant best-forgotten Safeway days!
:o)
xx

chux said...

York was lovely. Even though i've been before, this visit seemed to be the best. I loved the city and its sights. Would go again..again

Seeing you at the wedding was great. It was like seeing an old friend! (that i've never met before) I wish i'd had more of a chance to chat than I did. My head was whizzing and buzzing. Although I can be like that anyway, I was more whizzy and buzzy than normal. Next time I promise to be calmer! I did enjoy it and I'm sure Dave and Liz did too.

When we lived in our little flat in Addlestone, Station Rd, we spent half our life it seemed in Safeway. It's doesn't surprise me that Emma remembers you, we probably kept the place open with our numerous purchases. Just to prove it look at the place now! We have moved and it has been demolished....I rest my case ! :)