Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Photo's

Things seem more stable at the moment. The Old Fella (father in law) has after what everyone thought was going to be the end, recovered a bit. This has given us all a bit of mental and emmotional rest for now which was needed. Also it's given me a chance to post again, but i've obviously got a lot of catching up to do. Here's some photo's of things we've been up to that i'd like to share.

The kids are getting a science lesson from uncle Geoff. We had some good fun with explosions and chemical reactions that day.

Taken at Highpoint wood not far from us. We needed to get some freshair and decided on a family walk that afternoon. Kids loved it. Bit muddy though, and I made everyone except me of course take their shoes off before getting into the car. There's lots of these sorts of places to discover nearby. This is the first of many this year i'm betting. In fact this weekend we even went down to the beach and kicked the ball around and chased the waves, making ourselves wet. It was great! I can see it's about time to get the kites out again, maybe this weekend?

This was from 2 weeks back. The kids along with myself and my mate Dave went for a wonder and checked out some of the pools. It had been a sunny day but we didnt get a chance to go out till later in the day. The sun was going down and it was much colder. It's always fun and interesting walking down by the sea though. There was loads of wood along our beach from this shipwreck in Dorset. Amazing how it came as far East as this. Most of it has already been scavaged by locals, and my new decking in the garden is looking a treat. :)

4 comments:

Delmonti said...

will you stop making me feel so inadequate as a father!

to be honest there Chuckie, you're giving your kids one of the best experiences in their lives. They will look back at this someday and thank you for it...... of course you'll have to go through the "My Dads so cheap......" and "dodgy uncle making crack cocaine in the kitchen science lesson rubbish" stuff, but once that phase is over they will talk to ya again.

chux said...

mate if it wasn't for the Mrs sticking a hot poker up my bum to motivate me, i'd bet half this studd wouldn't be done anyway!

You are right about the kids hating me for taking them out in the cold and mud rather than letting them stay at home playing on video games. I've tried the approach, 'but darling you don't need that new Mario game, just think of the fun you can have with a stick and a bit of imagination'. Needless to say I got a whack with the stick accidentally later on.

jomoore said...

Great to see you back here, Chuckie, and glad to hear you've had some respite.

What great photos! Walking in the woods, playing on the beach - that's what it's all about!

I must have a word with Thomas's uncle about the lack of science experiments... ;o)

Chris said...

Hello Chuckie. Glad things have improved for you a bit lately.

(If you go to my blog, you might find something to your advantage)